Tuesday, April 03, 2018

San Antonio Trip Day 2

Tiny House Typing
San Antonio Trip Day 2

Post-Script: I’ve noticed one key to tiny house living, from just one night’s stay, is neatness. I have a drawer in the kitchen for all my chargers, electronics and related items. Having clutter out of visible sight makes the small space seem bigger.

Also, micro-cleaning seems to help. Wipe the counter of water drops from washing a coffee cup. Straighten this, sweep the floor of bits of gravel tracked in from the yard. It all adds up to neat and clean, which translates to a seemingly bigger space.

I’ve also noticed our vehicle becomes de facto overflow storage for whatever doesn’t need to be in the house.

The yard outdoors, and the wooden entryway steps, becomes an additional space for living. I don’t seem to sense this in a bigger house. The tiny house draws me outdoors, a pleasant surprise.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill M said...

Sounds like a beautiful place in a beautiful city. Great idea, a typewriter case stairway.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Solari said...

Love this. I live in and roam the land in a tiny camper (complete with tiny typewriter (see photo of typewriter here: https://alongtheray.com/antares-typewriter/)) and it indeed brings the outside world into your living room, so to speak.

Ray

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home